DBX 160AD Single Compressor Limiter
The DBX 160A is a legendary dbx® 160 family of compressor/limiters. The same classic sound, easy set-up and no compromise metering is now married to an improved signal path and stronger chassis design. The result is industry standard compressor/limiter which is digital-ready and road tough.
Featuring switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves along with extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls, the dbx 160A is up to any task. True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting. Choose low ratios and OverEasy® compression to transparently smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels. Or use the 160A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios (up to and beyond :1 and over 60dB gain reduction) for bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals. The 160A is fully compatible with +4/-10dB and balanced/ unbalanced systems, and its electronically balanced output stage is an outstanding line driver for long cable runs (an output transformer is optional). The 19-segment, switchable input/ output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level. 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance.
The dbx® 160A's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway house mix levels. A detector input can be used with an equalizer for de-essing sibilant vocals and selectively smoothing out boomy notes on acoustic guitar and bass. And two 160As can be stereo-coupled to process an entire mix or instruments mic'd in stereo, without shifting the left/right image. Its musical sound, easy operation and unequaled versatility made the original dbx® 160 a world standard. The 160A follows that tradition, while meeting the challenges of a digital world.ent in the mix, or overall characteristics of 4 independent signals or control the gain leveling on a couple of stereo pairs, the dbx 160A is for you.
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx's® ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
- Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or output and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
- Over 60dB of gain reduction available
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression
- Independent balanced and unbalanced outputs can drive 600 loads to +24dBm simultaneously. New floating balanced output stage drives any load
- Optional output transformer capable
- Strappable with another 160A for true RMS stereo summing operation
- Connector: 1/4" TRS and XLR, Floating Balanced; XLR: Pin 2 hot Phone: Tip Hot
- Impedance: 40k
- Maximum Level: +24dBu, Balanced or Unabalanced (Absolute)
- CMRR: >45dB (any Frequency)
- Detector Input: Connector: 14" TRS phone, Floating Balanced
- Impedance: >200k
- Maximum Level: +28dBu, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Output Connector: XLR, floating balanced; pin 2 hot
- Impedance: 30
- Maximum Level: (Balanced): +24dBm; <0.3% THD
- Maximum Level: (Unbalanced): +20dBm; <0.3% THD
- Noise: <-90dBu, Unweighted (20Hz - 20kHz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz -20kHz, +0, -0.5dB; +0, -3dB 0.5Hz and 90kHz.
- THD: <0.2%, Typical, any amount of compression up to 40dB @ 1kHz
- Connector: 1/4" TRS phone, Unbalanced
- Impedance: 20 ohm +24dBm
- Threshold Range: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Threshold Characteristic: OverEasy® or hard knee
- Compression Ratio: Variable 1:1 to :1 thru to -1:1; >60dB maximum compression
- Attack Time: Program dependent; typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
- Release Time: Program Dependent; Typically 8ms for 1dB, 80ms for 10dB, 400ms for 50dB; 125dB/sec rate
- Dynamic Range: >113dB
- Gain Adjustment Range: Variable from -20dB to +20dB
- Stereo Coupling: True RMS Power summing
- Summing: 1/4" TRS phone jack
- Power Cord: IEC-type connector
- Operating Voltage: DO: 90-130VAC, 50/60Hz; EU: 200-250VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 1.75" x 19" x 6.5" (4.45cm x 48.2cm x 16.51cm)
- Weight: Net/Shipping: 4.452 lbs/6.62 lbs (1.99 kg/2.99 kg)
Goods are despatched on the same or next working day of receipt of the order and are shipped using a national courier. Items need to be signed for at the recipient address to ensure a secure delivery.
In rare circumstances some items may become out of stock. If this is the case we will call you to agree a suitable delivery date or offer a full no obligation refund.
Further Shipping & Delivery Info
Selected items qualify for Free Delivery and you will be informed of this on the individual product's page. Any item that does not carry Free Shipping will be subject to the prices below.
Normal UK Mainland Delivery is charged at £1.99 per order for small items up to 2KG and £7.99 up to 10KG.
More bulky items up to 20KGs are charged at £19.99 and thereafter for very large items (such as loudspeakers etc) shipping prices are on application and priced volumetrically (calculated by size and weight combined).
We can dispatch Worldwide but prices vary accordingly.
For delivery outside of UK Mainland the delivery charge will depend on the size and weight of the parcel, please contact us to get your delivery quote.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase you can return it in its original condition and with original packaging within 30 days of you receiving your order.
Please contact us with your order number, the items you wish to return and the reason for the return. When returning the item(s) please include your order number and a brief note explaining the reason for the return.
Once we have received your return we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item(s). In the case of damaged goods we will offer a replacement or full refund.
You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used within 2 to 3 working days of us receiving your return.
We Also Recommend